1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Import WMP playlist

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by django47, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. django47

django47 Thread Starter

I would like to import all my music which is on WMP on a windows 8.1 pc, to a new windows10 pc.
    I do have WMP which comes pre installed, but I've not been able to find a way to /import/copy to the new win's 10.
    The 8.1 (old one) has a dvd/cd player and i copied all my albums and other cd's to the WMP, but my new one (10) doesn't have cd player/recorder optical drive built in, just usb ports.
    Is there a way to import my music from WMP on 8.1 to WMP on 10.
    Or failing that is it worth buying a usb plug in optical drive and copy the actual cd's.
    The 8.1 is getting a bit old (like me) and I'm copying all my important stuff to new pc, thats why I bought it.
    I would be very grateful if anyone knows about this and what would be my best course of action. Thank you.
    django47

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is your new PC a desktop or laptop ? If desktop, you can get a dvd drive for ~$50.

3. django47

django47 Thread Starter

It's a HP laptop and I can connect a dvd/cd portable drive with usb, but there are about 300 tracks and I'm trying to find out if there is a way to import them direct from wmp on a windows 8.1 (also laptop) to wmp on windows 10 laptop.

4. django47

django47 Thread Starter

I have connected my two laptop's with a usb data cable with the idea of transferring WMP files, but I can't see any confirmation that the connection is made, on either machine. I clicked the "sync" button on the WMP playlist but no good. How can I get the two machines to connect? I have tried all the different usb ports but still nothing happens.
    If I was to plug in a usb flash drive or my tablet or smartphone it shows up on the "file explorer" page with description of whatever the device is (eg: Galaxy Tab A (2016) ). What the heck am I not doing!

5. django47

django47 Thread Starter

I have sorted out the problem after many painstaking hours. I tried connecting the laptops with usb cable which didn't work. As a last resort I I unplugged the dongle which was intended as a back-up if the laptop died . So I plugged it in the new laptop and saw that it had indeed copied all my files including the WMP and it automatically copied to the other, newer, laptop WMP . I had to restart for it to execute the transfer.
    I'll mark this thread solved, thank's guy's..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice