Important Info Needed, Please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lela

Currently using Windows 2000.
Have several programs installed that are needed for work.
Am thinking of un-installing Windows 2000 and installing Windows XP.
Used Symantec to check system and 2 files may be infected with Trojan or someting.

? is ..... Will I lose all my programs by un-installing W2000 and installing XP?

You will need to purchase the upgrade version of XP, this should leave your programs and data intact and just upgrade windows.
I would still backup your data first though, it is possible to wipe the drive clean if you dont install correctly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online