1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Important, please help me

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by B1u3, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. B1u3

B1u3 Thread Starter

hello, i am an ok computer person, but i cannot figure out how to fix my computer.

i looked in the "pc world" magazine and it has a clean up guide, i did the first step, and i misread it and deleted some important files, wich i need, i will show you what i did, in a few screenshots in one picture at the bottom, sorry for it being huge.

in screen shot labeled 1, i unchecked the files i thought not in uninstall, i unchecked everything except outlook, thinking it would uninstall it, and after i did this everything was uninstalled, that i didnt check.

then after restarting my computer i was able to get internet explorer reinstalled thru that same app, that was all i could reinstall.

in number 2 i tried to reinstall everything, then after a few sec's, an error box came up, number 3, saying it cant find a file, but when i browsed for it and found it pressed ok and still wouldent work, the highlighted red file is an example, it also asked to insert the "windows xp service pack 2 disk" wich i also did and it still wouldnt work, it kept saying the exact same thing, for every thing it couldnt find, and after it looked for each file and canceled it because it couldent be found it quit out.

i have done this in safe mode, and restored my computer to a month later, thinking it would fix it, and to my luck, no it did not.

what in the world should i do, i need the acesseories, and everything it uninstalled. my friend has "windows xp pro" should i update that to fix it?

thanks in advance, and sorry for this long frantic post.

[​IMG]

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The file it is looking for is "hnesw.cu_"
    The file you are trying to make it use is "hnwse.cu_"

Spot the differece" (...esw vs ...wse)

Or have I misread something?

3. B1u3

B1u3 Thread Starter

well that was an example, one of many that dont work.

i just need to kno how to reintall all the files i uninstalled, look in "add/remove windows componets" everything i need to reinstall and cant are in there.

4. xSoilworkeRx

xSoilworkeRx

Simple. Have you put in the Windows XP cd and looked for that specific file on there? You can easily pull it from the CD and put it on the computer then.

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

At this point I would be tempted to simply reinstall your own copy of Windows XP that belongs to the PC. Before undertaking such a cleanup you will no doubt have backed up all your important data?

Uninstalling Windows Explorer probably did the damage as it is tightly bound with Windows itself and shares many core files. While it's "technically" possible to uninstall it from SP2 onwards it seems that it seldom is wise to do so.

Using your friends XP Pro would be unwise in the extreme.

6. B1u3

B1u3 Thread Starter

well, to xSoilworkeRx: i have tried this with both my Sp2 disc i got from microsoft, and the windows xp pro disc, no luck.

to kiwiguy: i really dont want to reinstall windows, i dont even have a windows xp disc that came with the pc, thier wasnt one when my family bought it, like 5 -6 years ago. and i didnt uninstall windows explorer, but internet explorer, also i fixed the internet explorer by reinstalling sp2.

i did go ahead and upgrade to xp pro, thinking that it would fix it, it sadly did not work, it kept saying that it couldent copy the files to the disc, and i had to cancel the install for those files, but the upgrade did nothing for these files.

could it be possible to delete the previous file that it is trying to install over, or is that even possible, i really would like to get this fixed, do you think i can download these file from somewhere?

sorry for the many questions, i just cant fix this.

thanks-

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433083

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice