1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Important XP Updates available.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RAM-PAGE, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned Thread Starter

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

I realize that it is sort of semantics, but this isn't an update. It's MS's foray into the Spyware world, with the software from the company that they acquired.

BTW your first link just goes to the MS site map and not the D/L page for the trial software.

3. RAM-PAGE

Check out the Windows Update site under Downloads.

I choose the page to be more informative.

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

My apologies.

If your link had gone to the MS update site, instead of the general site, I would have seen that, while still not really being an update, it is in fact being installed from the update site. AND, that it is NOT the Spyware removal tool as I first thought.

All of the other "press" that I had seen, was about the Spyware tool, and that also "seemed" to be what the Yahoo page was referencing.

My bad!

5. RAM-PAGE

Accepted. I have to cater to multilingual users also, so tend to generalise. Their Browser should redirect them to the appropriate language site. (?)

You may like to know that, diplomatically, we have agree that English be used as a second language Internationally, which is quite an advance. (But I demand that everyone use an AZERTY keyboard! *Sigh!* Local "politicians" often have little idea of the politics of diplomacy.)

Now we are working more easily together on both sides of the Atlantic.

What used to be a very dangerous business is now easing day by day, so we just take it a day at a time.

On that note, have a nice day. :)

Time to install my new system.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/318158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice