1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Importing access modules

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Totores, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totores

Totores Thread Starter

Good morning (my time) all.
    I need to build a simple access database (access 2010) I looked at the ready made templates and they don't quite meet my needs as you would expect, some however I have found some form/table that I can use like customer details and others.
    In order for me to cheat a little can i pick the various tables and forms already made in other templates and import them into my database? or would i be wasting my time and just build from scratch?

Thanks

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Yes you can import any part or all of a database.
    Click on the main menu "External Data" of Access (having created a blank database) and select Access, browse to the database, select and click "Open" and then "Ok".
    Select the items that you want to import and then click on "Ok".
    If you want Access to remember what you have imported select that option.

Once imported you may have to re-establish the Table Relationships.

3. Totores

Totores Thread Starter

Thanks will be working late tonight.......

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1190018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice