Importing calendar in Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kjh4eyes

I have recently upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003 Teachers and Students Edition. After doing a little research on the Microsoft forum and the TSG forum I was able to find my previous calendar and address books from Outlook 2000 and transfer them so that they are accessible within Outlook 2003. However, I have been unable to import or copy all of my calendar events to the main calendar within Outlook 2003. I do not want to have two calendars within Outlook 2003 since I am also trying to sync the information with my Windows Mobile device. Can anyone tell me how to import the information from one calendar to the next so I can delete the old one?

Thanks for your help.

However, I have been unable to import or copy all of my calendar events to the main calendar within Outlook 2003
What errors are you getting? All ryou should have to do is go through the import and then pick the pst file the old calendar was in and then tell it to import to the new personal folders (assuming your not using exchange as it sounds like this is a non exchange issue)

kjh4eyes

I am not getting an error when I import. Instead it opens the calendar as a choice. I cannot delete the original to leave me only one calendar. Any thoughts as to what to do?

Please list the steps your taking. If your using the import wizard it should not open the calendar it should move the calendar from the old PST to the new one.

kjh4eyes

File
Import and Export
Import from another program or file
Personal folder file (pst)
Browse to archive file and select
Next
Import from file
Next
It then opens in a new file instead of mixing with existing open file
Whaddya think?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi kjh4eyes

Open the Calendar you want to copy your appointments from,
View > Current View > By Category
Select all the appointments, then use the Copy to Folder command.
Select the Calendar you want to keep as the destination.
Click OK

Let us know if that works for you or not.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Thanks for posting back and letting us know what worked! (y)

You can mark your thread solved using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online