1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

importing cd into iTunes....error 0x77686174...help anyone?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by doremitchr, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doremitchr

doremitchr Thread Starter

I just bought my first iPod and am frustrated. I am trying to import my cd's and no matter what I use, a brand new, never before virgin cd or an older cd, iTunes immediately gives me this error message:
    Error occurred while converting the file "name of song here". An unknown error occurred 0x77686174.

I have tried cleaning the cd, under preferences for importing it is AAC--their default--which I want so that I can get as many songs as possible on the iPod, and I have clicked to check the error correction choice.

I have a Dell Dimension E510 that is almost a year old with Windows XP. The iTunes that I have is the newest version.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I've gone to the Apple website and have left messages there but have received no replies. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated...thanks!

Doremitchr

2. pinkipod

pinkipod

Hi there, I had the same problem using iTunes to get music from my CDs onto my iPod - tried everything (ripping music using windows media player and others and attempting to convert to aac, etc). Eventually I changed it to convert to mp3 through iTunes and this worked perfectly - under Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Importing change the 'Import Using' field to "MP3 Encoder". The MP3 files are pretty much the same size as aac and import really quickly. One word of warning though - make sure that the iTunes window is open and displayed while it is importing and do not click away from it or attempt to do anything else!! It crashes on my Dell every time I click away from the iTunes window during an import.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice