1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Importing comma delimted text file in a single column

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by csatennis, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csatennis

csatennis Thread Starter

I have a group of email addresses that are lsted separated by columns. Here is an example:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

When I import them into excel, they come out as one long string of rows.

Any ideas of how to fix that?

I want one long column.

bob

2. OBP

OBP

Bob, are you telling Excel's Import Wizard that the File is Comma seperated?
    When you say one column, can you show how you want your 3 examples to appear please?

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Are you importing from a text file? Make sure to tell Excel to delimit the import using the comma character. In Excel you can also select the column containing the long strings and choose DATA --> TEXT TO COLUMNS and then delimit by commas.

Regards,
    Rollin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/558901

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice