1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Importing music to PS3?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Voodoo Thumb, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voodoo Thumb

Voodoo Thumb Thread Starter

ok, I kind of don't fit the demographics, I'm too old, but I love these games.
    What I am trying to do: I downloaded the amazing new Playstation 3 game, Wipeout HD, onto the hard drive of my Playstation 3. I just downloaded the game from the Playstation Network, that’s how they sold this particular game. The game and the Playstation 3 give me the option of installing music of my choice to play with the game. So I downloaded the music album Wipeout Pure, from my Zune account onto the hard drive of my desktop PC. (OS = Windows XP Media Center Edition.) I fumbled around and burned it to a DVD-R disk. When I open up each song as it appears on My Computer on the disk, it is identified as a Windows Media Audio file. Maybe this is where something went wrong. The Playstation 3 will not play the music on this disk for me, or let me put the music in the background of the game I want to play. Inspite of the fact that the system settings on the Playstation 3 give me the option to “Enable WMA Playback.”
    I’m willing to download the music again from another source other than Zune if that is easiest. How can I get this album of music into the background of this game? I know both the game and the Playstation 3 are set up to do this, and I’m just being technologically clumsy.
    Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753534

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice