Importing Personal Address Book to Outlook Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TCL2

From either Outlook Express or the MS Works Address book:
Import
then choose type file
choose Exchange Personal Address Book
The new Works address book import completes the action but does not ask for the file location ( I am trying to import a MS Exhange Personal address book into a Works Address Book, which appears to be the address book for Outlook Express a .wab not a .pab) so of course nothing happens and no data is imported. MS Tech Support is no help.
TCL

Then why not do it backwards, export into Works I think it is you want to import to.

TCL2

Rick, I am trying to load a pab file into a new ( totally blank)laptop works address book. Exporting did not do anything either, MS works happily comletes the function but no data transfer takes place.
cheers

Sorry, I saw nobody responded to your post so I thought I would just make a suggestion. I didn't know if it would work but thought you might want to try it. I don't know anything about works, I've only used a few machines that have it on so I can't tell you how you would go about importing. That is why I suggested exporting from Outlook or ???

Someone will be along in a little that can help with works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts