1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Importing photos from phone to computer

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by terrace, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

When i have the pictures files from the phone up on the computer screen i see where i have the option to "clear selection". (attachment). If i click on "clear selection" it takes the whole screen off and then i don`t have the option to select the files i want to import. I think i remember that i could clear all of the files that are ticked and the page stayed up and then tick the one`s that i need to import. I hope i have made this clear. Could you help please? My computer is Windows 8.1:D

Attached Files:

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Not sure what you are asking?

What happens if you untick those you do not want. Can you not then import those that are left?

My own approach to this is to keep my camera empty. So I normally move them all from the camera to the HD and play with them there.

3. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

;)Yes they can all be ticked manually but a big job with many photos and then import the one`s i want.
    I`m asking does the window have to close when i click clear selection? i remember that at one time i could click clear selection (the window would stay and not close) and it would untick those i didn`t want and then i was able to tick the selections i needed to import. Don`t know how it changed. There must be a way to clear all ticked without manually unticking many. It doesn`t seem to be the Windows way to do this manually.:D

4. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

How are the photos stored on the phone? For large amounts of pictures, my wife's has an SD card. If yours does, you could remove it and directly transfer its contents to your computer.

5. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

The photos are on the phone as normal not an external sd card.
    I`ve been thinking that by clicking “clear selection” it would untick all items and then i could tick the one`s i want to import, not all 80 of them which is unnecessary. Terry(y)

6. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

I received the notification email Re."Most phones have a facility to plug the phone directly into the computer USB socket, or use blue tooth. If your phone has that, do, as I said, move them all th o the HD and work from there. They will all be unticked on the HD
    Also, whether you want them or not, they will then all be cleared from the phone."
    but it hasn`t shown on the forum.
    . By Hd you mean hard drive on the phone?(y)

7. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    No. The HD on the computer. But, when I read this in your first post "When i have the pictures files from the phone up on the computer screen" _ To which computer screen do you refer?

8. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

You misunderstand. The SD card is inside my wife's phone; it's not external.

9. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

:DWhen i connect the phone to the computer with the usb cable, up comes a screen showing the gallery photos i have taken with my phone camera, that`s the screen.
    On that screen i need to select the photos to import to the computer. There can be many photos ticked on that screen and i think i should be able to clear all ticks (clear selection) and select the one`s i want to import easily, without having to wade through all photos and untick many. I may be wrong, but it seems feasible for that screen to stay there so one can process easily.:)

Attached Files:

10. marbski

marbski

try to install the software of your phone,, installed it on your computer then after that you can select photos to import from your phone....

11. terrace

terrace Thread Starter

I`m not sure what you mean. I usually connect the phone to the computer using usb utilities. :D

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143677

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice