1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Importing Word Form Fields to Excel, and choosing the columns

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jacksonville3900, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacksonville3900

jacksonville3900 Thread Starter

I have seen the other posts on how to do this and I'm off to a good start I think.

I just need some help to customize this for my form. The center of the form has 6 check boxes, and I just need to include the one checked reason in column P, and then one of the 3 explanations if there is anything filled in there.

Also, for some reason with this code, when I try to import multiple files it puts them all on row 2.

Would someone mind taking a look to see if you can help.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

In it's current form the user can select multiple values from the set of checkboxes. Is there any particular reason why you are using checkboxes instead of option buttons that would limit the user to one selection?

Rollin

3. jacksonville3900

jacksonville3900 Thread Starter

The form has been in use for a long time, long before I came on here. There are several hundered already saved that I need to import to Excel for reporting.

Let me back up. I edited the form to add the bookmarks to the fields thinking that would help me with the coding. But, the original form doesn't have the bookmarks so this coding won't help with the forms I already have in use.

Could you help me with code to import all of the fields and put them in the order I need?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1080685

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice