1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

impossible sd recovery?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by iruvjapan, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iruvjapan

iruvjapan Thread Starter

Got a tough one. SD card now RAW. "The volume does not contain a recognized file system" Tried several recovery software including Recuva. No luck. Ran Malwarebytes. No luck (but did show there were file still there) Any ideas?

2. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    Have you tried ZAR (Zero Access Recovery) it has worked where none of the others have for me. It is free for cards.

3. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    What you mean is that you cannot open the SD card but your computer shows it and has some files in it?

4. iruvjapan

iruvjapan Thread Starter

The computer itself shows that that there's nothing on it, but some recovery software shows that there are files taking up space on the sd card (the thing is 95% full actually). I just can't manage to access them because all of a sudden the "file system" of the card in unrecognizable in my computer and phone. I don't get it.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  6. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

TESTDISK with Photorec is designed for cards.

7. vembutech

vembutech Banned

EaseUS Data recovery which is really a helpful tool to recover data can try with that.

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    vembutech do you even read the thread? I posted that program and a tutorial with links 2 posts above yours.

9. Joris903

Joris903

I have used EaseUS partition recovery that is useful ,but the product has not been updated for a long time.
    I have a sd card have become raw and I could not get access to the file.
    Thanks for your recommend, I'm going to try the free SD card raw recovery software.

10. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

The chances are that any software you use is going to be just a front end for TESTDISK code anyway.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice