Solved Impossible to regain control of hacked Google Account

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I've been down this exact same road before without success.
What did you did to get banned the first time this happened?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Wasn't banned, his account was compromised and all security questions / account details were changed, and to add insult to injury, 2FA was turned on.

@James321 Unfortunately everything is in Google's court. The Google's forum is your last hope in getting somewhere. Like I mentioned, they should have information on the account like a previous password and other information (I forgot my password and Google asked me what password do I remember and allowed me to access it with an old password after a few other security questions) so hopefully you may get somewhere there, otherwise assume your account is no longer available to you.

James321

If you are banned Google disables the account and a message appears clearly informing you "Account Disabled".

This is not the case with my own account.

James321

I made some progress.

In Account Recovery, Google gave me the option to send a verification code to my email address. The code was sent and I typed it into the relevant box and the code was accepted, however I still couldn't access my account.

Here's a screen shot of the resulting message from Google:

Sign in 3.jpg

Last edited:

plodr

Liz
if you can not recover the account using the provided process, it may be lost. There are no other account recovery options available.
Source: https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/2307038?hl=en

The account is no longer yours.

Your only option now is to create a new gmail account. Write down the information. Make sure the password is secure, not used any where else and is a combination of numbers, small and capital letters, and special symbols.
Give a recovery email address (make sure the password on that is strong) and a cell number.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

Your only option now is to create a new gmail account. Write down the information. Make sure the password is secure, not used any where else and is a combination of numbers, small and capital letters, and special symbols.
Give a recovery email address (make sure the password on that is strong) and a cell number.
And turn on 2FA and use an authentication app like Google Authentication or Duo Mobile, but also have Google Prompts option on as well. You will need the G-Mail app for that.

1594751853164.png

Last edited:

James321

Well this was what I had asked on my very first post on this thread, #1:

The following site What To Do If Your Google Account Is Hacked says the following, "In the case where the hacker removed alternate email ID associated with the account, it is almost impossible to regain control of the account."

Can I ask, is it really the case that a hacker can take control of your Google Account and that you can do absolutely NOTHING about it?

James321

As I mentioned in #37, Google, in Account Recovery, gave me the option to send a verification code to my email address and I had not been given this option previously.

It still didn't work but at least it gave the impression that things might be changing.

James321

And turn on 2FA and use an authentication app like Google Authentication or Duo Mobile, but also have Google Prompts option on as well. You will need the G-Mail app for that.
I don't access my Google Account using a mobile device, so the app in question wouldn't work for me.

What seems odd is that I can apparently sign into my Google Account using my email address and password, and these seem to be fully recognized, but then Google informs me that it doesn't recognize my DEVICE.

Also the recovery phone number ends in ********23 and none of my phone numbers I use do.

plodr

Liz
I can apparently sign into my Google Account using my email address and password
Don't worry about having the device unrecognized. We have 4 computers, 2 android tablets and an android phone. Anytime I log in from another device, I get a security alert.

If you managed to get in, change the gmail password, make sure the recovery email address is correct AND change the password on that too. Change the recovery phone number to one that you have control of.

James321

Don't worry about having the device unrecognized. We have 4 computers, 2 android tablets and an android phone. Anytime I log in from another device, I get a security alert.

If you managed to get in, change the gmail password, make sure the recovery email address is correct AND change the password on that too. Change the recovery phone number to one that you have control of.
What precisely do you mean by, "Don't worry about having the device unrecognized. We have 4 computers, 2 android tablets and an android phone. Anytime I log in from another device, I get a security alert"?

The problem is I STILL CAN'T sign into my account because of this.

I also get this annoying email message from Google saying that they blocked a sign-in attempt on my account (see below).

YES, THANKS, BUT THAT WAS ME.

Google.jpg

Sadly this thread is going in circles.....sorry to see/hear that. After going through the last page, seems OP is not getting anywhere with google. Unfortunately, OP may just have to give up on that account and create another one.

I'm currently in the process with Apple doing the same thing but a different set of circumstances. After finally getting my account verified I now have to wait 13 days for instructions to be sent to my wife's phone to activate my phone with new number. This is all because of my phone not being activated for over a year and a factory reset was involved on my part trying to fix broken or missing apps.

Well it turns out you can't factory reset with out an active number......who knew.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online