Improved Wireless Signal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LinzKaye13

I recently installed a wireless network- with a WRT54G Linksys router, at my house I would like to get signal in a motor home that is a little more than 100 ft from my router. Because I have aluminum siding on my house (and trying to go outside my house and into a motor home) getting signal is extremely difficult. But, I have been able to get signal (5.5 Mbps) with my DELL Inspiron 6000- Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN Mini-PCI Card, but I can't get any signal with my 2.4 Ghz Linksys Wireless-G Notebook adapter on another notebook. All I want is to be able to pick up that 5.5 Mbps on the other notebook (I don't need any more than that). Does anyone have any ideas to improve the signal or the pick up of the notebook card- antennae boosters-better wireless cards?? Anything?? I only need to pick up this signal for a couple of more months but it would be greatly appreciated if anyone had any help.
Thanks.

TerryNet

Terry
Maybe position the router and/or adaptor so that the signal goes through a window instead of wall.

LinzKaye13

Well I would except the closest window is the opposite side of the house than the motorhome- I have moved it as close to the door as possible (but cord space it limited)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online