1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

In desperate need of help.. #2

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GreyShadow, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GreyShadow

GreyShadow Thread Starter

Hello again!

I've come across a new problem, got passed the part where it stopped during loading of files and into the installwindow, however, I am trying to RAID the discs and I'm doing it 3x320 GB Striping-style (the problem occurs unraided too). When I am about to format my disc (partition, 50GB) it works great, when it after this gets to the part where it copies files and such, it randomly freezes up, WHEN I get past this I am either greeted by a bluescreen giving me a random Error or a freezeup in the Windows-Installing mode.

This, as I said, also occurs when the drives are NOT RAIDed.

Anyone :confused: ?

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

The Windows install disk is it a copy of an install disk or an original?

3. GreyShadow

I have tried with both, both original, copy of the original with added updates and a modded XP.

4. GreyShadow

I've read that lots of people have been having this or a similar problem, but I can't see any solutions to it. Is it a hardwareproblem or is it just.. evil?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483391