1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

In Explorer often copy/moves don't go where intended

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by royeo, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royeo

royeo Thread Starter

I have Windows XP Pro, SP2.

In Windows Explorer when I drag and drop to make a copy/move, I drag the object (file, folder) over and highlight the intended place to drop and then drop. I drag with right finger so I will be asked if I want to copy or move. But often the object doesn't go into the highlighted object. When this happens I just "Undo" the move. But I'd like for the copy/move to work right the first time.

Often the object ends up in an adjacent object. But sometimes I can't find it at all. Can somebody please tell me if I'm doing something wrong and/or what I should do.

Thanks,

royeo

2. JPass

JPass

go to the item you want to copy and use the edit option in the upper left corner and select all, then edit again hit copy . now open the intended target, edit again then paste.
    that should solve your problem
    jpass

3. mike5532g

mike5532g

Try right clicking the destination folder and selecting open. Easier to drag and drop on a window than a tiny folder icon.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/574647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice