1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

In game graphic problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ManlyManning, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ManlyManning

ManlyManning Thread Starter

I have just gotten a new motherboard this week and some computer guy installed it for us. When i went to play Wc3 everything was loading fine and working well until i get into the game. At some points in the game, the units and buildings would dissapear for a moment and come back. Also the attack animation for casters would not show up. If any of you can please help me find the problem that would be great. Its not the CD either because i borrowed my friends CD and it still didnt work. Thank you

2. Toddles18

Toddles18

Try lowering the graphic performance setitngs and see if that changes the gameplay, also try downloading the newest drivers for your video card. What kind of card do you have?

3. ManlyManning

I have a integrated nvidia GeForce2

4. ManlyManning

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Was the harddrive reformated and windows Reinstalled when the mobo was upgraded?

If not there's probably lots of old drivers and settings kicking around in WIndows. You can try uninstalling them or removing them in Safe Mode or format and reinstall windows.

You should also check to see if there are newer drivers for the Motherboard/graphics on the manufacturers or NVidia's website or any Known Issues with the Game and your hardware and if there's any patches.

Also make sure you have the latest DirectX (9.0B).

You can also adjust settings in Display properties and in the Game to see if it has any effect.

Alot more info is needed if you want to get some good tips, right now we know almost nothing about your computer or if this problem occurs elsewhere.

Also a Gforce2 isn't that great, especially if its intergrated - how much RAM does it have (the system and the graphics)? All specs would be good.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice