In Major Need Of Support

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tispe

Ok, recently i formatted a computer for a friend of mine. He is not very tech savvy and so far all our conversations with his problems have been over the phone. Here are the some variables for you to play around with:

The computer is not recognizing the modem
The cd form the ISP is not working
The computer was recently formatted
The computer was driven around a bit

After attempting tech support, i failed. Everything i tried, he had already tried or was told to try. He refuses to call up the ISP because "i know your smarter, then them, and they couldn't even help me on something easier then this". The only solution i can think of is if he is putting the telephone wire into a PCI card, the card might have become unseated while driving. I've ran through the troubleshooting, and nothing would work. Please, any help would be appreciated.

tispe

ezymony said:
Was the drivers for the modem installed after the reformat?
i dont think so. This is gonna be difficult because right now im real busy w/ work and school, and liek i said, my friend really doesn't know how to go into the directory and junk to find the drivers. Any other suggestions?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online