In Memoriam

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
R I P Gavin & BJ!

When I was a teenager I had a friend who used to sing (and legitimately thought the words were) "I'm hooked on a ceiling" ... ;-)

valis

As an aside, when I was a toddler my mom got me a lamp that played 'raindrops keep falling on my head' a la a music box. To this day it is EASILY my most detested song....nothing else even on the radar....RIP BJ.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
He was one of a kind! R. I. P. John, wherever you are ...

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I debated all day about posting this and finally decided - what the hell ...

It's 5 years ago today that I lost my son. I can still remember the last time I saw him, about a week or two earlier, he'd stopped by during his lunch hour in his work truck to grab the remains of the meatloaf I had made the day or two prior. He always loved my meatloaf! ;-) I was a single parent, raised him from a pup (almost a year old), and leftovers had a very short lifetime in the fridge, especially meatloaf!

I still think about him every day, but today it was all day!

I'm not fishing for sympathy here. Just suggesting to all parents to give your child (no matter their age!) a hug, just because. You don't have to tell them why, let 'em wonder ... ;-) You really never know when it just might be the last ...

In the days after his passing, I kept myself busy by scrounging up all the pictures I could find, searching computer files/folders and disks, scanning prints and Polaroids, finding just the right music and creating a slide show in PowerPoint, then converted it to video and distributed it (and played it) on disk at the wake. I just watched it again a little while ago. A celebration of his life! I don't know if I could do it again right now (I've found more pictures since). I was in another place in my mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online