In Memoriam

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Oh, yeah! I do remember him! R. I. P. Michael!

cwwozniak

Chuck
I liked Norm Macdonald's Weekend Update stint on SNL. Too bad that some of his jokes on that show and guest appearances on other shows made certain entertainment bigwigs very uncomfortable.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I remember her. I liked her. Sorry to hear this ... R. I. P. Cynthia.

I debated all day about posting this and finally decided - what the hell ...

It's 5 years ago today that I lost my son. I can still remember the last time I saw him, about a week or two earlier, he'd stopped by during his lunch hour in his work truck to grab the remains of the meatloaf I had made the day or two prior. He always loved my meatloaf! ;-) I was a single parent, raised him from a pup (almost a year old), and leftovers had a very short lifetime in the fridge, especially meatloaf!

I still think about him every day, but today it was all day!

I'm not fishing for sympathy here. Just suggesting to all parents to give your child (no matter their age!) a hug, just because. You don't have to tell them why, let 'em wonder ... ;-) You really never know when it just might be the last ...

In the days after his passing, I kept myself busy by scrounging up all the pictures I could find, searching computer files/folders and disks, scanning prints and Polaroids, finding just the right music and creating a slide show in PowerPoint, then converted it to video and distributed it (and played it) on disk at the wake. I just watched it again a little while ago. A celebration of his life! I don't know if I could do it again right now (I've found more pictures since). I was in another place in my mind.
I lost my 77 year old sister in law to covid 3 weeks ago. I have lost 5 good friends to covid in the past six months. It is different than losing a child but yet the void is there. We should all remember to tell our friends and love ones how much we love them and what they mean to us all the time. I haven't been here in a while but I pop in ever so often. I use to love being here but life has taken on some diffferent directions for me. Hope you are doing well Gr3iz and cherish the memories of your son. I am so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: RT

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Thank you Grandma! I hope you are doing reasonably well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online