1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

In MS Word, how do I keep images locked in place?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bj nick, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I have this problem and I'm not sure what the correct procedure is. In many documents I've prepared in MS Word (this is MS Word 2010- creating teaching materials, mainly), I have text on a page, then an image I insert. Sometimes the next time I come back to the document, the image has floated away. Other times, I know it's because I may have changed a couple of words, but the image will wind up halfway down the page. I figured I'd put the image in a one-cell table, but I can't seem to get that working. I know that just inserting the image on a document page cannot be the way to go for stablility and reliability.

Can someone please tell me the simple, foolproof way to insert an image and know 100% that it will stay put?

Thanks!

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If the image is placed "In Line" then it will move with the line of text that it is inserts in.

Change the text so it will wrap around the image then it it should stay put.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Well, the format I use really won't allow that. It wouldn't look right. Can I attach an example and show you?

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Yes, you should be able to attach Word file here.

Just make sure there is NO private data in it!

5. word2003help

word2003help

This usually works. Once you insert an image, click on the image then do:
    right click\format picture\layout\square\advanced\ & on the bottom LH side under Options click "lock anchor".
    Then hit ok\ok.

Try it & good luck

6. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Word, I'll try that, but here are two examples of many, of docs I've prepared where the inserted images will frequently "wander." I would appreciate anyone's advice on the best way to format these types of docs so that I know the images will stay where they've been placed. It would save a lot of hassle and tearing of hair. Thanks!

Attached Files:

7. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Sorry, here's the other one.

Attached Files:

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    When I open these files I the following.

Attached Files:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1011118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice