1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

in my system configuration utility some services have stopped

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by no background, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. no background

no background Thread Starter

well i went to check to see what was there and i think thats the problem that makes no icons and control panel won't show up when i want them to come up and the menu bar never shows up til i write in task manager start menu its only there for 2 seconds
    well in system configuration utility i go to services and there are alot of things that say that they have stopped like: computer browser,removable storage,remote access auto connection manager,remote desktop help session manager,logical disk manager administrative service and alot more so does anyone know what this means and i think this is causeing the computer not to let me see my desktop and the bar where is says start as well as letting me use my documents,cumputer,videos, and others like control panel and system restore so can anyone help me please

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

To download HJTsetup.exe from TrendSecure To Download HijackThis go to the following at the File Repository
    Click on the link below to Download HijackThis Self Installer:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

Save the file to your desktop.
    Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
    Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
    Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
    Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
    Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
    At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
    Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
    A security expert with a gold shield to the right of their name should take a look at your log - please be patient.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!