In need of Major Help Deleted 30 GIgs of Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jbasto

Ok i D/l some Stupid *** File and the damm thing Deleted 30gigs of Files for some damm Reason and i need help restoring them how can i do dthis or what app please help unless u want to see a grown [email protected]@ man crying im allreadt crying :eek: please help

Jbasto

App called i dont even want to spell it cuz i want to DIe Game Optimizer Pro v1.0 that it right there that the name

We recently had to restore some deleted files for a client. We purchased and used Easy Recovery Professional. It is an expensive program but it has since been a life saver. A local computer repair company might either own or have a recommendation for data recovery.

Jbasto

I got that App jsample81620 told me now how can i recover w/ it if ya want it hit me up

Jbasto, The above responses are good ones but let me add a few thoughts. I am assuming these files are very important to you otherwise the thought of losing them would not bring you to tears. I am also assuming that you know what you are talking about when you say "30 Gigs have been deleted" and that you are not just confused about were the files are located. So, having said that:

If I were in your shoes I would stop using the computer immediately, remove the hard drive and use a different computer or preferable a professional to get the files back (since theoretically you could "infect" another computer with whatever has been unleashed on yours; although unlikely).

Here is my reasoning:
Since you didn't expect this "program" to delete all your files I can safely assume at this point you don't know exactly what is running on your computer and what might happen next. That means this program could still do who knows what to your computer data.

You might be thinking: "What could be worse than deleting all my files!" The answer is: it could write NEW data over your deleted files. It is much more difficult (if not impossible) to restore deleted files if new data has been written on top of the same physical location on the hard drive.

Also you are not just trying to recover a few photos but a whopping 30 gigs of data which complicates the matter a bit I would say. You can still use the programs mentioned above if you want to.

That's just my two cents. Sorry about the your data. Others may have more to add.

PS: After all this blows over do yourself a favor: go buy an external USB hard drive and back up your data at reasonable intervals. Even if this renegade program would not have deleted your data it is a guarantee that your hard drive will die one day and all data may be unrecoverable even with all the money in the world.

Jbasto

Thanks for the tip Lord but still how can i recover all that damm im so sad im about to cry man 30 gigs is 30 gigs and the funny part is that does upther only recover so much im tryin this one Easy Recovery Professional v6.04 damm he was right it cost 1500 bucks wow but i got for free that aint the case.

I will see what i can do if not i might get a BIG OLD HAMMER I HAVE and smash my Pc in bits (J/K)

Jbasto,

lordzule speaks great wisdom - in this case, I concur and urge you to follow it!

-- Tom

Jbasto

but i only have one Pc to my Reach i will try to run it if i can restore it i will be one happy fella if not i will sorrow it out but still i need some files of it and can it be cuz i never moved it from My Recieved Folder i jsut need all my Rar files that about 5 gigs the rest was importante but not as all my RAR file i can allways re/dl the other 25 gigs

Lordz is correct in best practice is to install the tool on a differnet PC and slave your drive to it. There is another alternative that would coincide with Lord zule. If you were to buy the external hard drive now you can choose to install the Easy Recovery files to that drive to run. The less you write over on the original disk the more you can recover. I would also recommend a professional if available. Every shop I have worked in has a pc setup with easy access to slave a drive and run such tools. Also, incase you don't find everything the first time be sure to restore the files to a different drive (the new USB would be perfect place).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online