In XP, Geforce2 MX not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Leafboy

Hi,

I recently installed XP Home Edition on my home pc and noticed that my Annihilator 2 MX Geforce2 card isn't working properly. WHen I go to device manager is says "cannot start (code 10)"

I've downloaded/redownloaded the drivers and have even gotten the 21.81 ones and those too don't work.

Any suggestions???

Have you tried windows update. also 22.20 here http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml

Code 10
If the device has a "FailReasonString" value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator places this registry string value there. If there is no "FailReasonString" in the hardware key, the following generic error message is displayed:

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

Solution button: Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard

Leafboy

Hi,

So here is what I did.
Did the WindowsUpdate thing. Rebooted. Still no go.
Went and looked at the Display window, and under Settings > Advanced > Properties. It listed conflicts. It listed 2 IO conflicts in two different regions, but both with VIA CPU-to-AGP Controller.
It also listed a Memory Range conflict with the same item.

Ok............sure. (??)
So I went to change the resource settings.....BUT....it wouldn't let me. So I disabled the CPU-to-AGP Controller, *poof*....the Display item disappears. Enable it, Display item reappears.

Again........ok, sure (??)

SO rebooted and went into BIOS.
Looked for anything out of the ordinary.
Changed 2 options, Assign IRQ for USB & Assign IRQ for AGP.
REbooted.
Go into Windows XP.

VOILA !!!!

Nvidia Geforce2 MX is fully functional.

Thanks for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online