1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inability to print WordPerfect document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pd75, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pd75

pd75 Thread Starter

When I tried to print a WordPerfect document, nothing happened. There is nothing wrong with my printer because I was able to print a Word document right away. Why isn't the WordPerfect document printing?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It would help if we knew ...

Your computer's operating system?

What version of WordPerfect you have installed on the computer?

If you are clicking on the file and selecting "Print" or if you are first opening the file in WordPerfect and then trying to print it?

Do you have the correct printer selected in WordPerfect?

3. pd75

pd75 Thread Starter

I have Windows XP with WordPerfect 11. I am first opening the file and then trying to print it. The correct printer is selected.

4. m-dash

m-dash

It may be that whatever your document is that you are trying to print in WP is specified as a manual (hand-fed) form, that is to be fed through the manual-feed slot, if there is one on your printer. Is WP giving you an error message? It may be waiting for you to put paper in the manual-feed slot before it prints.

What kind of printer is it? I don't know the details in your version of WP, but you can check the Help feature for "forms" and look into the details of specifying how a form is fed. If this is a type of form (WP's term for paper size/type, location of feeding, etc.), that you always use, you can not only change it for this particular print job, but adjust the settintgs so that anytime you print with this form, it will print from the standard tray and not be manually fed, if this is indeed the problem.

If you need more help, you can always go to wpuniverse.com for assistance... the folks there will be glad to help.

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Thank you for the information. I needed a bit of clarification if you actually had WP installed or were trying to use MS-Word to print it.

I found a web site dedicated to WordPerfect users and they have a two page topic dedicated to printing problems. Skimming thorough it looks like there may be different causes and solutions.

EDIT: I was still writing this when m-dash posted their message. The following is a specific link to a page on the wpuniverse.com site mentioned by them.

WPU Forums > Resources > FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions > Troubleshooting Printing Problems
    http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=3905&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

6. pd75

pd75 Thread Starter

My printer is an HP Deskjet D4160.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice