Inaccessible Boot Device - Blue Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

queengemini

My desktop computer was struck by lightning last month and every since then, it's been on a blue screen loop whenever I start up the computer. It gives me the Inaccessible Boot Device error. None of the troubleshooting solutions work (system restore, system image recovery, system repair, UEFI firmware settings, go back to the previous version) nothing works. The drive is fried. The drive was even switched from C: to X:

I was told by tech support that it's not damaged severely because it's still able to turn on and boot up. but I would need to reinstall windows completely. They offered to sell me the recovery disk but I am looking for another option.

I have downloaded Windows 10 to my flash drive and tried to boot Windows that way but when I got to the stage "Where do you want to install Windows?". The box is empty and I clicked load driver, the USB drive showed up on the list under Browse but I kept getting an error saying "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers..." when I clicked USB Drive (C:), ESD-USB (D:) and Boot (X:)

I went to HP's website to download the storage drivers for my desktop on my flash drive thinking that would do the trick but that did not help.

I have no clue what I'm doing and I'm basically taking bits and pieces of information from the internet to try to come up with a solution but the frustration has set in because I had my computer set up to be able to work from home and I'm missing out on job opportunities since my computer isn't working.

I have a HP 251-a123wb desktop computer that was preinstalled with Windows 10. I've had absolutely no issues with this computer until now as it only 2 years old.

Please help.
Thanks.

Update
I did more research and I found out how to change the boot order to USB first and that has stopped the blue screen at least.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You appear to actually have a HP 251-a123w Desktop PC (N0B07AA).
It was introduced in September 2015 in the U.S.A. and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
What's the exact serial number and product number on yours?

If you go HERE and follow the instructions, you can purchase a USB recovery media kit for it.
Using it will revert that desktop back to its original new condition, along with all the drivers, programs, etc. that came in it.

If you go HERE, you can download the Media Creation Tool, then use it to download Windows 10 Home 64-bit, then create a bootable USB thumb drive or bootable DVD.
Using it will install Windows 10 Home 64-bit, but you then will need to install the needed drivers and programs afterwards.

You admit to not being computer-knowledgeable, so you'll probably need someone who is to help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------

queengemini

I can't tell if the O's are zeros of it the I is a 1 but the serial is 4CI5370NF6 and the product number is N0B07AA#ABA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online