inaccessible boot device screen???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kingman99

Hi

Windows 2000 pro

Last night when l was running out of my office l was in a real hurry to catch a train and when l tried to shut dowm my IBM Thinkpad 650x it froze so l manually shut it down but when l tried to start it up again this morning l saw the following;

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (ox81423030, )xc0000032, oxc000032, ox0000000, 0x0000000)
Inaccessible boot device.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated, run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

How can l check my computer for a viruse if l can't get into it??

What did l do this time and how can l fix it?

Thanks

Alan

More than likely it's not a virus. Most often than not, this is caused by a bad hard drive. I would replace the drive.

kingman99

Hi

The hard drive is less then a year old, maybe 10 months but l don't have the box any longer.

Thanks

Alan

PS I will go out and just buy another one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online