Inaccessible boot device stop error when transfering hdd's

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bishop216

I'm getting a stop error 0x0000007B Inaccessible boot device error when starting win2k.
This started when I removed a hdd with win2k on it from an old pc and put it into a new pc running winxp in order to transfer important files to the new pc.
When the new pc was started up the win2k disk could not be accessed. I received a message saying that the disk was not formated.
When I put the win2k hdd into the original pc I received that stop error. I could not get win2k to boot in regular, safe mode, last known good config. or via the recovery counsel using the automat option (I dont have recovery disks).
The original files appear to still be intact but the only way I could view them was by using a ntfs partition tool.

I would really like to be able to copy thoes files off the win2k hdd and if possible get the original win2k pc restored with all the files intact. I've already tried using the help from microsofts web site and couldnt solve anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated

--note-- On the microsoft website they had several fixes using the regedit but thoes didnt work because winxp couldnt see anything on the win2k disk.

-edit: both hdd's are ntfs format

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online