Inaccessible Boot Device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

savemeplz

Hello everyone,

Under the advice of a University computer "techie" in order to fix my wireless card, he had me uninstall windows service pack 4 from my laptop. After doing so I cannot boot up windows in any mode (normal or safe mode) and I have already completed a system repair using the window's disc. These steps have been to no avail :(.

Full error message is below.
*** STOP : )x0000007B ()xEB82784C, 0xC00000034, )x00000000, )x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

System specs are.
Dell Lattitude C640
1.8 Mhz Pentium 4
512 MB Ram
40GB IBM harddrive
Windows 2000

Any help is more than welcome!

savemeplz said:
Hello everyone,

Under the advice of a University computer "techie" in order to fix my wireless card, he had me uninstall windows service pack 4 from my laptop. After doing so I cannot boot up windows in any mode (normal or safe mode) and I have already completed a system repair using the window's disc. These steps have been to no avail :(.

Full error message is below.
*** STOP : )x0000007B ()xEB82784C, 0xC00000034, )x00000000, )x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

System specs are.
Dell Lattitude C640
1.8 Mhz Pentium 4
512 MB Ram
40GB IBM harddrive
Windows 2000

Any help is more than welcome!

Welcome to the forums

one option since this a dell is to call tech support and get their help. it is a dell and everyone raves about dells tech support - so make sure to let us know how good they are. Dell also has a great feature in that you can restore it to its bought condition. Again, you have to get dell support to do this. if you have data you want to save, you lose that however. dell should be able to help you access your bios and make sure the boot device is turned on...doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online