inaccessible boot device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dumbasrocks

Signed up for DSL. Got the modem and the installation disk. Started through the process. Stopped me and said I didn't have an ethernet card, which I do, but had previous problems so maybe it was uninstalled.

Went out and bought a new ethernet card. Installed in an open PCI slot. Tried to install the drivers off the floppy provided. Got error message that inf file did not match the one specified. Took the card out; took out the old ethernet card; put the new one in that slot; tried again. Same error message.

In the meantime, my 5-year-old turned off the power source while the computer was on. When I tried to power up again, I got the following error message: ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF081B84C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

I am using Windows 2000 Professional, installed on my home computer by the IT guy at work, who now does not have time to try to fix it.

I unplugged the hard drive, took out the new ethernet card, turned on the computer again, but I keep getting the same message.

Keeping in mind that I'm not very computer literate, can someone walk me through the steps I need to do to get the darn thing to work again?????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online