inaccessible boot device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Barbiesnew

My MOBO went out and I had to replace it.. After I finished, the Windows2000 splash screen came up for about 2 seconds then I got the "Blue Screen Error" "Inaccessible_Boot_Device".. :mad: I tried booting with the w2k installation cd <no luck, same thing happened>.. Was going to try to boot using the MSDOS boot disk <but lost the darn disk>

Anyone know what the heck I can do short of Deleting my Hard drive??

Please keep in mind I have limited funds..

Thank you,
Barb

Barbiesnew

Didn't know where to get one.. thank you. I can try that when I get home tonight..

Barbiesnew

Ok. booted with MSDOS Boot disk and it was not finding my c drive <hard disk>.. It was reading my CD-ROM drive as my c drive... Tried every letter in the alpha to try to find my hard drive from the DOS program <no luck>. BIOS identifies my hard disk but MSDOS does not.

BIOS SETUP:
BOOT SEQUENCE
1st.- FLOPPY
2nd.- HDD-0
3rd. - CD-ROM

When I tried to do a new partion or format anything it said I only had 1 partion active and there was no room for anything else...

How can I format my hard drive when DOS will not find it????

Thank you

Barbiesnew

I got it going and am updating everything now.. I had to set my BIOS SETUP to load the CDROM first, then I could install from my W2K disk... Now my sound isn't working <grrr> I will work on that later. Right now I am just happy that I did not have to format anything.... Thank you all for your help...

Much appriciated!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online