1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inaccessible Files on Networked Computers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Orgs, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orgs

Orgs Thread Starter

Hi, I have 2 machines, XP Pro (BOX 1) and XP Home (Box 2), that I recently networked together. Both see each other on the network.Box 1 can get and share files from Box 2. In Explorer I can even copy files from Box 1 over to Box 2. My problem is...when I'm on Box 2 and I attempt to view the shares from Box 1, I get an error. Box 1 documents is inaccessible..You might not have permission etc......Contact Administrator etc....( I am the administrator on both) and then in a new paragraph below this it says......Not enough server storage is available to process this command. I should also mention that Box 2 can send and complete print jobs to the printer attached to Box 1. I have scoured the internet to find a ready made solution...so needless to say, I have done and checked numerous things i.e...........NetBios over TCP/IP is enabled on both, I have increased the IRPStackSize, simple file sharing is enabled on XP Pro and I understand its enabled on XP home by default, basically all the most common problems. Obviously I have shares set-up on both machines or I could'nt print or share files. As I said, I can recieve and send files from Box 1 to and from Box 2, so in essence I have a functional network. What bothers me, and makes it really only semi-functional, is that I can't access files on Box 1 "from" Box 2. I hope I am not being overly redundant, but if anyone can think of anything that might help me correct this issue , I would greatly appreciate it !! I'm sure , like most of you, I like things to function correctly...........I probably won't even be able to sleep tonite. Thanks in advance !

2. Orgs

Orgs Thread Starter

Problem Solved. If anyone has this problem...Google Changing the IRPStackSize in XP. In my previous post I had already increased the IRP to 15..as a last ditch effort i went back into the registry and changed the value to 20 (Max is 50), rebooted and now Box 2 can access Box 1. Functional network!!!!!!!!!!....Thank God!!!!!!!!!.......now I can sleep tonite!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/421395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice