1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

inbox emails deleting themselves

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cindiesue, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

All of a sudden my inbox emails are disappearing. After I read it, it goes away. In fact, all my inbox emails I have had for 4 months have dissappeared. I have subfiles and they are not dissappearing only the inbox. I scanned my hard drive for a virus, and it did detect. It said it could not be deleted. It was an incoming email. I permanantly deleted it. But the disappearing act is still the star. !! :confused:

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

What program are you using for email?

wrs

3. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

Outlook 2002
    I went in to options and tried to find a box that said
    'delete messages after viewing' but couldn't find it.
    But the strangest thing is that ALL my inbox messages
    have disappeared.
    I just scanned again, and no virus found. I downloaded a patch for the wesky worm and rebooted and your message that went to my inbox deleted.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Tools - Email Accounts - View or Change - Next - select account - change - more settings - Advanced - Remove from server after [ ] days.

You are saying you do not have such a setting?

5. cindiesue

cindiesue Thread Starter

Thanks KWG, I did go there but the boxes were empty.
    AT least I changed to keep on server period so I can go to web2mail to see what has been deleted. But I want to 'fix' this, not just put a bandaide on it. What else do you have up your sleeves?
    Cindiesue

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/266813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice