INBOX REPAIR TOOL??? ~ Help for Pay! ASAP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BRENTFHS

Here's what it reads when I try and open OUTLOOK: ERRORS HAVE BEEN DETECTED IN THE FILE C:/DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ADMINISTRATOR\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. QUIT ALL MAIL-ENABLED APPLICATIONS, AND THEN USE THE INBOX REPAIR TOOL.

I'm an executive and not at all technically inclined. (n) And I don't wish to bring this to my IT people since I feel I made this mistake. I need to fix the mistake. PLEASE HELP. :)

An email arrived yesterday and as soon as it dropped in, everything suddenly became unaccessible!! Everything was gray. I'd click on a folder, and it wouldn't access. I'd try to click on the inbox, outbox -- nothing would show. Must be a corrupt file. When I closed Outlook, it won't reopen!

CAN YOU HELP? Here's what I've done so far:

1. Found the Inbox Repair Tool and started to run it, but it didn't finish running. Something wouldn't allow it to finish scanning the 1-8 phases. Does this make sense?

2. Contacted you!

Thank you,
Brent

P. S. I'M WILLING TO PAY TO GET THIS FIXED!

P. S.S. I SHOULD'NT HAVE DISABLED MY NORTON INCOMING MAIL SCAN FEATURE, right? Well, I did. Now it's back on. I disabled it because I got tired of pressing 'finished' everytime Norton scanned an email that was corrupt. It just didn't seem to matter to me at the time.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. I'm going to move this to web/email as I don't believe this is a security issue.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Some patience ;)

There is a live tech support link above, if you don't have time to wait. I believe it's $25 per incident. We aren't the same folks who man that one.

BRENTFHS

I think I have a corrupt file. OUTLOOK.PST.

I can't lose this data. This is likely the area I need help with first! Saving my data.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
If it is corrupt, unless you have a back up copy, you may not be able to save it ;)

BRENTFHS

Thank you. I'll go Live now and see if someone can fix this issue. Gracias!

Sounds like your in an office environment and your pst files could be in an ehchange server environment. You may not have priviledges to repair the folder if it is.
An email arrived yesterday and as soon as it dropped in, everything suddenly became unaccessible!!
You would be far better off to contact your IT department and explain to them the error, you may have execurted a virus in an email.

Heres a link that offers suggestions on repairing your pst folders, it will only work if they are locally stored and your not on a exchange server. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm

BRENTFHS

I'M LIVE WITH HELP NOW, SO IF I'M UNABLE TO HAVE THIS FIXED, I'LL LET YOU KNOW.

THANKS,
BRENT
(y)
:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online