1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

InCD on Nero CD

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by robaldo, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

ive got the original copy of nero and also on it is InCD. what is this program and what does it do?

2. Huon

Huon

This enables you to copy data & files to a rewritable disk.

3. robaldo

robaldo Thread Starter

ok cheers

but it dont work anyway its got the kernel32.dll error on it same as my nero

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. slipe

slipe

You can write to either CDR or RW re-writable discs with Nero. You can only write to RW with InCD and in a special way. With InCD you format the disk (takes over 100Mb) and then you can use the drive just like a slow hard drive in Windows Explorer. You can drag or paste items directly to the drive and they record. You can erase individual items and overwrite files.

InCD is packet writing software where Nero is mastering software. There are some drawbacks to packet writing but many people like it.

If you write to RW with Nero the only way to reuse it is to erase the whole thing and start over.

As for the error, download the little free Aspi Check program and check your ASPI: http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm If it is bad there is an aspi with instructions on the Nero download page or you can use the Force Aspi program from the site I linked to install a good one.

This is the complete Nero page for your error: http://www.nero.com/en/content/helptool/125.htm

5. colman77

colman77

If I used InCD, could I take the cd-rw disk, put it in my other computer, and copy files off?
    The other computer has a really old cd-r drive.

6. slipe

slipe

If the other computer has InCD installed it should read it fine.

Your best bet for transferring stuff would be to record with Nero. Nero makes a CD that can be read in any CD-ROM drive regardless of software. Some very old drives are not multi-read and will not read RW, but most will. If you record data to a CDR with Nero it can be read by any Windows computer. If you record to RW with Nero it can be read by almost any Windows computer.

My best advice would be to not become too enraptured with InCD. Nero is your main burning software.

7. colman77

colman77

Thanks for the advice!
    I had previously uninstalled InCD, not really knowing what it was...It was a little invasive...was just wondering if it was worth the hassle to use

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice