InCD packet-writing software from Nero won't read CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

syc0path

I have a CD-RW that is formatted for the InCD program that is bundled w/ Nero... it formats the CD-RW so I can add, move, and delete just like a floppy disc. I was mvoing some files off my HD onto the CD-RW -- it moved the 1st file and most of the 2nd file. Then it stopped and said it couldn't find the correct path for the 2nd file. It looked like the file had already copied to the CD, but it was also still on the HD. So I assumed it had a problem deleting the file on the HD after it was moved.

When I tried to access the files on the CD-RW to make sure they were both there, the computer crashed. I rebooted, and now it won't read any of the files that are on the CD-RW:eek: It appears to be a blank CD. When I try to open it thru InCD, all it does is ask me if I want to format the blank CD. So my guess is that the program isn't reading the header on the CD becuz the header was corrupted when InCD was trying to re-write it after adding the 2 additional files.

So how do I gain access to files that are on the CD-RW? I had a lot of stuff on there I don't want to lose... I'm sure it's all still there, it's just a matter of getting the program to recognize that the files are there.

ISOBuster may give some access to the CD, but this is one reason why you should never use packet writing unless the data is of no consequence.
http://www.isobuster.com/

It is the most unreliable form of data storage, one for which the CD was not originally designed. A CD-RW means ReWritable (erase and re-use) not Read-Write. They are OK in that latter mode generally.

I suspect you are quite right in your diagnosis that the TOC is corrupt, which means there is now just a heap binary data on the CD with no easy way of determining the start and end of each individual file.

syc0path

kiwiguy said:
ISOBuster may give some access to the CD, but this is one reason why you should never use packet writing unless the data is of no consequence.

It is the most unreliable form of data storage, one for which the CD was not originally designed.
I've used IsoBuster for scratched DVDs before, but I didn't think to use it here... that's a good idea, thanx. I know packet writing isn't reliable, and I have most of the data backed up on Zip disks. It's just that I won't know what or how much I lost becuz I don't remember exactly what was on the CD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online