1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incessant 4 orange and 1 green blinking lights on Dell Inspiron 8600

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cookieeater, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cookieeater

cookieeater Thread Starter

Hi, I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure if this is in the right section but on my old Dell Inspiron 8600 the battey led light keeps flashing orange 4 times followed by a green light. I've read that this is caused by a faulty battery cell. However, since this model is so old it would be a waste of money to buy a new battery. Is there a way to fix it so that this doesn't happen without buying a new battery or taking the battery out of the laptop? Is there a registry fix or what not that will sort out this problem or will I have to shove my battery in the fridge (an answer to someone else's post on another forum)? Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

do you use it with the battery portable - or always plugged in ?
    does it work without the battery installed - some machines will and some wont

as you say may not be worth replacing - certainly not, if always plugged in

3. cookieeater

cookieeater Thread Starter

I normally use it with the AC adaptor although I take it out when I need to walk over to the printer. In regards to the other question, yes it works regardless of whether the battery is plugged in or not.

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

user manual
    http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins8500/en/en.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/925901