incoming e-mail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wfl80

I have XP and Outlook Express 6 --all at once the incoming mail switched from the long used default format to plain heavy block letters and no way to switch to pictures or move to listed sites--the upper portion of the window works perfectly and I can't locate the window to switch the bottom back -I now have many e-mails I can't read properly and can't toss them-

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi wfl80

You have the Preview Pane enabled?
If you want to close the Preview Pane in Outlook Express:
View > Layout
Uncheck: Show preview pane
Apply, OK to save and close.

What Font is showing for Outlook Express?
Tools > Options > Read tab

These are my settings in Outlook Express:
Font settings
Western European
Default Encoding:
Western European

If the above doesn't help, try creating a new Identity in Outlook Express to see if the font problem persists in the new Identity. If it doesn't, you can migrate to the new Identity and Import all your messages to the new Identity.

Create a new Identity:
File > Identities > Add New Identity
Name the Identity
Click Yes when asked if you want to switch to the new Identity.
Cancel out of Importing or Upgrading if the option is given.
Recreate your E-mail account.

Send yourself a Test message to verify your account settings are correct and to preview the font.

Let us know what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online