Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Incoming emails include duplicate of email as a text attachment

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  pincmonkey 
#1 ·
All of a sudden, most of my emails are coming with a text attachment. When I open it, it is just a duplicate of the email itself. I haven't changed anything that I am aware of. What could be causing this and how do I stop this?

Thank you,
Cindy

#3 ·
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My husband must have downloaded some emails and I didn't notice that he took them already (kind of like when someone else brings in the snail mail and lays it off to the side and the bill payer never finds it until too late!).

I am using Outlook 2000.

#5 ·
it depends on who the email is coming from.. what client they use.,. and their settings. Some people when thet forward emails instead of having thier client just ad it to the list.. will in fact attach the email instead... its a little annoyance i agree... most of the time people dont know their emal does this. You cant change their email sadly. So i recomend you just ignore the issue and ignore the attachments

#6 ·
These aren't forwarded emails. They are emails that are sent directly to me with the original text in the body of the email along with the original text included as an attachment. It doesn't matter whether it was a one line email or a lot of lines. The same person(s) sometimes emails sometimes does it and sometimes not. Some times I can go for days without it happening, other times it happens several days in a row. No noticible pattern.

One thing I do agree with, it is just an annoyance but with the "threat" of viruses coming in attachments I just don't like seeing almost everymail some days including those duplicate email text as attachments.

Thanks for the reply,
Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.