1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incoming & Outgoing analog calls with ISDN

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chermesh, Dec 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chermesh

chermesh Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm using an Asuscom 128K ISDN adapter on a win2k pro system. I would like to exploit the dynamic feature of the connection, which allows a choice of 64 and 128 k connection, meaning BOD.
    When I configured the adapter for a BOD option, my internet connection, meaning the digital connection acted as wished. However, my analog phone has been downed whenever a 128 k was established. I wrote to Asus support and the answer I got was that "The BOD function only for those incoming or outgoing by the internal ISDN adapter."
    Can anything be done about this limitation? Is the a way to instruct the adapter to release a line whenever a request for such line is initiated through the analog line?

Ran

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice