1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

incompatibility of fedora core 3

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by tnaveenkumar, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnaveenkumar

tnaveenkumar Thread Starter

i have installed fedora core 3 after installation is completed it asked to remove the cd to click the reboot button after rebooting it stuck up in some stage but on the monitor it is showing that "grub loading stage 2"
    now details of my system configuration 915GAV desktop board;Intel p4 2.8HT; 512MB ram; 80GB hard disc with SATA technology;and samsung cd drive
    and details of installation: i have taken the ISO files and burned the image using Nero burning ROM.all four Cd's have passed media test i installed them and while install i took the option custom and selected to install everything
    installation was completed with four Cd's after that it asked for rebooting and it stuck up.i haven't changed the default options like boot record loading etc during installation
    is fedora is not suitable to my system or there any other factors?

2. lynch

lynch

I wouldnt trust the media check on the CDS; if the ISO files were corrupted during download then the media check utility could be corrupted also. Get the md5sums from wherever you got the ISOs and check the ISOs with that.
    Where did you install Grub? Try to boot the system with the rescue CD.You did download the rescue CD, didnt you? :)
    HTH
    lynch

3. iOXeR

iOXeR

GRUB is installed with Fedora if you want it to be.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice