1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

inconsisten file system

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zinc, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zinc

zinc Thread Starter

Hi,

Really appreciate it if someone can solve my problem.

HDD x 2 : 40 GB Hitachi, 250 GB Maxtor

When i switched on the computer, there was a disk check normally due to improper shut down BUT i'm very sure i did shut down properly.
    After checking, it booted up as per normal. But i decided to do a defragmentation since i had not done that for quite some time. But wasn't able to complete the task as the system prompted that there was some file system inconsistency. So i decide to run chkdsk in safe mode and everything ran smoothly. Fixed all problems, no bad sectors. So i reboot in normal mode and tried to defrag again but still to no avail. So decided to give up defragmentation using windows. Instead used perfect disk and it was able to defrag and the results was pretty satisfying. BUT now, i cant run the videos or file that was in my maxtor hdd, the drives that were giving me problems. Distortions in the images and file are unable to open properly.
    Read a article that states inconsistent file system may cause data corruptions.

So any kind soul could lend a helping hand??

Thx in advance

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!