1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

inconsistent Dark spots on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lohaller, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lohaller

lohaller Thread Starter

Hello i run with 2 monitors but one of them have consistently had dark spots showing randomly on half of the screen. I dont think its the monitors fault because i sent it back when the problem started and got a new one with the same problems. This is an old problem since i had given up hope, but recently i downloaded new drivers for my graphic card and the monitor worked perfectly for 2 days, then back to the same problems.

I have tried running the monitor alone but the dark spots still appears. Some days are better then others and i cant find any pattern why the spots sometimes appear, one day they cover half the screen and the next day theres a small spot in the corner.

I got some new hopes after the driver updates so i want to know if there is anything more i can do that would help the monitor.

i run windows 7, the monitor is BENQ EW2730. Any help would be much appreciated, atm i cant afford getting a new monitor.

2. keltic1der

keltic1der

First Name:
    Donald
    What type of connector are you using to connect the monitors to your computer?

3. lohaller

lohaller Thread Starter

well the normal cabels wont go into the computer so i am using adapters betweem the normal cables and the computer, bought cheaply at the nearest electronic store. Not sure what they are called they dont have any text on them.
    I have tried switching them but i get the same problem, one monitor works fine with both and the other one dont work with either. When i switch adapters the bad monitor works fine for 10 min then the problems appear again.

4. keltic1der

keltic1der

First Name:
    Donald
    If you boot the computer into safe mode, do the dark spots still appear?

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

In addition to Donalds questions, when you are running two monitors if you swap the cables over between the monitors does the problem move, remain on the same screen or disappear?

6. lohaller

lohaller Thread Starter

Yes the dark spots still appear in safe mode

7. keltic1der

keltic1der

First Name:
    Donald
    Can you post the answer to Shane's questions and possible a pic of the connectors you are using and the adaptor ends too please?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!