1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Inconsistent Internet Speeds...Spyware?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by CiscoJP, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CiscoJP

CiscoJP Thread Starter

About 2 weeks ago, my internet speeds while browsing with IE6 slowed down dramatically. I normally have blazing fast speeds with my DSL, but now, using IE is really slow. Every now and then it'll work ok, but for the most part, it's painfully slow. Pages take forever to load. So I started using Netscape, and that worked very well for a few days, and now that is running slow on certain pages. My connection status always shows a consistent connection speed (Connected at 100.00 Mbps), and downloading and uploading are as fast as ever. It just seems that when I'm browsing, my browser hangs for a long time, most of the time. Like I said, every now and then, it'll be fast.

I've already run my AdAware & Spubot, and have SpyWare Blaster and SpyWare Guard on my system and updated. I'm running Windows XP SP2, Firewall is on, etc. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Why not Download HiJackThis here: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip
    Unzip to a convenient permanent folder
    For example: C:/HiJackThis/HiJackThis.exe
    Double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan with log". Don't fix anything but post the log on here for analysis. (The log can be opened with wordpad)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/348115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice