Inconsistent internet

jduguid

hello, recently i've moved the router in my basement so on my pc i removed the antennas and put them back on facing the direction of where the router is. ever since then the internet specifically on my computer has been extremely inconsistent or just wont work at all. to resolve this i just took the 2 antenna off completey but although that makes the internet consistent, its extremely slow. prior to this problem i had the antenna on my pc for over 6 months and never had a problem until AFTER i removed them and put them back on. im 100% certain it has nothing to do with my router as the internet on everything else in my room runs perfecty - even on my laptop which is right beside my pc. any ideas on how to fix this?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Re-connect the antennas and point one straight up and the other to the side then measure the download speed, if that's not good try different orientations until you find a good one.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What wireless device do you have? Antennas should be able to turn around without having to unscrew them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!