1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Incorrect E-mails not bouncing back?!!?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JHH0626, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JHH0626

JHH0626 Thread Starter

Hi!,

This is a new one for me.

I NOTICED I WAS NOT RECEIVING BOUNCED BACK, "MESSAGE DELIVERY FAILURE" OR SIMILAR INCORRECT OUTBOUND E-MAIL MESSAGES COMING BACK THAT I ADDRESSED INCORRECTLY.

Comcast 6 Mps is my ISP.
    Windows XP Professional
    Outlook 2003.
    Only recent new software within last month when this started happening is IE v.7.beta 2.

I FIRST NOTICED THIS WITH SOME PERSONAL E-MAIL DISTRIBUTION LISTS IN WHICH I HAD NOT CLEANED OUT A COUPLE "BAD" E-MAIL ADDRESSES THAT CONTINUALLY CAME BACK AS UNDELIVERABLE. THEN, MORE RECENTLY, I FURTHER CONFIRMED THIS WHEN I NOTICED THAT INCORRECTLY ADDRESSED E-MAILS FOR MY BUSINESS E-MAIL ADDRESS (A POP3 THAT I USE WHEN I WORK OUT OF HOME SOMETIMES) WERE NOT COMING BACK AFTER I REALIZED I INCORRECTLY ADDRESSED AN OUTBOUND E-MAIL ADDRESS.

THEN, FINALLY, I TESTED VARIOUS INCORRECT OUTBOUND E-MAIL ADDRESSES TODAY FOR BOTH MY PERSONAL AND BUSINESS E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND NONE OF THE DELIBERATELY, INCORRECTLY ADDRESSED OUTBOUND E-MAIL ADDRESSES WERE BOUNCING BACK TO ME. [ I ALSO HAD AN ASSOCIATE IN ANOTHER STATE, NON-COMCAST USER SEND OUT SOME OF THE INCORRECT OUBOUND E-MAIL ADDRESSES AND HE DID GET THEM BOUNCED BACK TO HIM] THE LATEST INCORRECT OUTBOUND E-MAIL ADDRESS I TESTED FOR BOTH MY PERSONAL '[email protected]' AND BUSINESS OF '[email protected]' IS '[email protected]'

I'm lost on this one and Comcast is, well, Comcast.

Help!

Thanks.

JHH

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Check your "From" and "Reply-to" addresses. Have you entered them correctly?

PS: A post in all caps is equivalent to shouting in real conversation! Do you really want to shout? ;)

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

And Beta software is, well, Beta.

That means its not quite finished and will contain bugs that MS would like to hear about, you would only use it on a non-essential PC.

Not on an essential work PC, ever.

Sounds like you have been successful in finding a bug, but as it's Beta there will not necessarily be a fix yet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice