Incorrect Network Node Type, maybe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JJW

I have a LAN (via LinkSys DSL router) that has worked beatifully for 11 months. Last week PC #2 had a new video card installed (ATI Radeon 9700 PRO, not sure if it matters) but PC#2 is no longer sharing resources with the LAN. THis also happens to be a gaming PC my son uses. He claims he didn't change anything.

PC#2 connects to the Internet, it can be ping'd by other PC's on the Lan. PC # 2 can also ping other PC's.

From PC#1 , when I click on [Computers Near Me] , then the ICON that is PC#2 I get a message "Network Path Not Found".

From PC#2 doing the same thing I get " List of network servers currently not available"

After running NETDIAG on both PC's the results were identical.

The only difference I can find is when IPCONFIG reports all of the working PC's as {NODE TYPE - BROADCAST} and PC#2 reports {NODE TYPE - PEER to PEER}

How and where can I change the node type on PC#2 and will it solve my problem?

JJW

The TCP/IP protocol just had to be uninstalled then re-installed to solve the problem. Node Type was restored to [Broadcast] and everything works again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online