1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

increase download speed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wilfredo, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilfredo

wilfredo Thread Starter

hello, i have a windows 7 with netzero dial up 3G and my download speed is aprox. 4kb a sec. i really want to make my download speed faster. canu guys please help.

2. Sponsor

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

There is not a lot you can do with dial-up these days, and frankly I would suggest you look into the less expensive DSL or Cable options in your area, which are probably not much more than you are paying.

Your download speed in any case will depend greatly on what server you are downloading from.

For example, you can test various servers, near and far, by using an online speedtest such as >>

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

Is it dial-up or is it 3G? Both are mentioned in the post, but are very different.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

Oh, how deceiving.

7. maceman

maceman

3G is not the best option to download stuff. It works very well with email and Facebook and stuff like that. I am actually using 3G right now. I'm agree with Rollin' Rog, you should get an adsl if you want more speed.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/910873