Increasing sound volume

My husband tried to update the audio drivers and felt he might be involved in a scam. He wasn't sure if it was RealTek or not- seemed to be asking him to pay to update. Can you tell us the correct way to do that?
Please go to Driver Manager and then check if there any updates available on the audio drivers. I'm not sure if he searched for it on the internet but since you aren't supposed to be ask to pay for updating drivers, it's probably a scam.

triciabard

triciabard

The only real fire-sure way is to replace the speakers. However I cannot find a Gateway NV77H Service Manual (Gateway doesn't seem to have much) but the speakers themselves seems like about $10-15, but getting to them may be more than a few screws.
At this point, he is using external speakers and headset. This is his old computer that we brought on our RV. He'll limp along until we get back home in a few weeks and he'll have access to his newer computer.

One thought- he notices that his computer seems to be running 'hot' on the upper left side of the computer, underneath. Could this be related at all? Whether related or not, should it be something he needs to address? And if not related to speakers, should I start a new thread? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online